POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Error! : Re: Error! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error!
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 5 Aug 2000 19:20:22
Message: <398CA136.5AA9A7FC@acc.umu.se>

> The GUI is something I am really looking forward to.
> I am an escapee for the windows world, and I still feel that it's a real
> hassle to switch between consoles.

Why not use X? that is waaaay simpler...

> As for (X)Emacs, it is so complicated that it puts off many beginners (
> myself included).

XEmacs is much easier than Emacs, thanks to the menus and the toolbar,
but
the configuration is not an easy thing to do, but with some patience
it's
possible to get a very easy to work with setup, that is also very fast.
But if you are in console, then you don't get the menus or toolbar, so
that
might reduce your liking of XEmacs, I know I dislike it when not in X
;).

> I know that many of linux users might feel offended but.....
make that unixusers, and if any of us get offended then I'd say he/she
isn't quite cut to help people out, and they pretty much should just
shut
up and do something else (like making nice images).

--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.