POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Clownfish with photons : Re: Clownfish with photons Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:29:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clownfish with photons
From: Mike
Date: 5 Aug 2000 10:42:25
Message: <398C27D9.9302D286@aol.com>
>Whoa! That's a lot of photons.  Your fish looks like it could have a
>double-jointed tail when it swings to its left.  Only my perception of
it?

I think what you are seeing is the movement of the caudal fin (the one
behind the dorsal).  The idea is that it's moving to keep the fish in
place.  You were right when you commented on the first version - the
fish does look like it's pinned down in the middle.  I need to work out
a more complex animated sequence so that he moves around more but still
stays in the same general location.

Btw, the details on this animation are interesting.  Total render time
for the 120 frames was about 24 hours.  I rendered it in 12 hours
because I ran two copies of the program on my dual 400mhz system.  Peak
memory usage hovered around 70MB.

-Mike