POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Help again! : Re: Help again! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help again!
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 4 Aug 2000 21:11:35
Message: <398B69C7.5BD5903D@acc.umu.se>
Mark Gordon wrote:

> Javier Belanche wrote:
> >
> > thanks for all, but I believe it more interesting for all begginners one
> > basic tutorial of how install Pov Ray under Linux, step by step, don't you?
> >
> > Thanks again!
>
> Modified from a previous post of mine:
>
> If you're using the official version from either povray.org or the
where official version applies to binary version...

For source you need to unpack with tar -xvzf povuni_s.tgz and then
read the CMPL_Unix.doc file *very* carefully, it does explain how
to compile povray from source. (also don't forget the povuni_d.tgz
package, which is vital).

/Peter Toneby
--
Alpha Test Version:  Too buggy to be released to the paying public.
Beta Test Version:  Still too buggy to be released.