POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Texture Referencing? : Re: Texture Referencing? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Referencing?
From: ryan constantine
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:43:00
Message: <39876049.82CB6BAF@yahoo.com>
i've been wondering the same thing.  and not just from the library, but
say you have a 'plain' texture used on some objects and a 'super'
texture used on some others where the 'plain' texture is one component.
both textures are in the scene, but as far as i know right now, we have
to cut and paste.  if, on the other hand, we could simply give 'standard
texture' within a 'layered texture' (or any other element) the same name
as an existing element and then choose (when the dialog pops up that
says we can't use that name since it is already used) to reference it,
that would be great.  all in favor say 'aye'.