POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : alien spatch fish (early alpha version) 25Kbbu : Re: alien spatch fish (early alpha version) 25Kbbu Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:31:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: alien spatch fish (early alpha version) 25Kbbu
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:05:37
Message: <39875809.62755646@istar.ca>
Karl Pelzer wrote:

> This is a very early draft of an alien fish living somewhere in the
> galaxy.
> I know it looks a little stiff but I think I'll bend it in some
> directions. Textures are just to identify it as a fish. (Not as my wife
> said while seeing the spatch window: looks like kind of starship...) 8-P

It looks good, especially the tail. A little more texturing (I find a crackle
normal makes good scales, given the right slopemap), and it will be great!

> I dont't like the eyes so far.

I tihnk the problem is in the angle. If you look at real fish eyes, they tend
to stare directly out, in a direction normal to the body. Also, they tend to
be dark middle with a white outside, with very little colour or gradient. Drop
by a pet store for research! :)

I really like this. Cute, really...

Simon