POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Why & has higher precedence than + or - in isosurface functions? : Re: Why & has higher precedence than + or - in isosurface functions? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why & has higher precedence than + or - in isosurface functions?
From: pk
Date: 1 Aug 2000 18:57:39
Message: <39875639.A2E7C7A2@videotron.ca>
Ron Parker wrote:
> Well, the non-inverted V-like symbol that looks like the and symbol means
> or.  I'm not sure why you're asking what the opposite is, though.
>
> I suspect that the choice of symbology depends on what sort of logic class
> you took.  I encountered the ^/V symbology in my pure mathematics classes,
> and the dot/plus symbology in my CS classes.
Ok, thanx!
Well, I was asking bc the original poster said something about the
opposite of "V upside down" 8)
And I haven't taken any logic class for the moment, only read some CS
books(CPU design, programming, etc)... It's coming this year, in
maths(I'm just going in 10th grade), so **** I'm gonna be a bit lost if
i don't remember that 8)

Thanks again!
--