POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : sPatch vs. Megapov: Who's to blame? : sPatch vs. Megapov: Who's to blame? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  sPatch vs. Megapov: Who's to blame?
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 1 Aug 2000 08:50:36
Message: <3986C66B.CD2EBE8E@my-dejanews.com>
I can use sPatch fine for hours on my Win95 box if it's the only program
running.

If megapov is running at the same time and I switch between them, there
is the following problem:

1) The window for sPatch often locks up. I think I can save and open
files fine, but all visual information about my mesh is either frozen,
blank, or lost to an image of whatever would be on the screen right
behind it.

2) When I go to Megapov, I often find that the window for one or more of
my scene files gets locked up. It, too, will either be blank, show a
false display of "another" working scene file window, or a view of
whatever would be on the screen right behind it.

Multiple reboots and/or reloads of the sPatch can fix the problem for a
few minutes.