POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Animation system?? : Re: Animation system?? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation system??
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 31 Jul 2000 10:07:15
Message: <39858828.FD9C18E8@aetec.ee>
Ron Parker wrote:

> Look up the '99 SIGGRAPH paper on tracing ray differentials.  The only hard
> part appears to be finding shape functions for arbitrary surfaces.

I have this paper, as you mentioned it in "Square and triangular
pattern" thread in this ng, from what it all started. I've collected
some other papers as well (one of them describes finding of curvature
for implicit surfaces ("illumination from curved reflectors", from
SIGGRAPH '92 papers) as well as l. Gritz' paper of global illumination,
where BMRT implementation is discussed) so I feel myself armed more or
less. But I consider this quite complex task still and think that its
implementation would require considerable time (at least from me).