POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Question about isosurface functions and & : Question about isosurface functions and & Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:31:37 EDT (-0400)
  Question about isosurface functions and &
From: Warp
Date: 31 Jul 2000 08:50:43
Message: <39857622@news.povray.org>
This question would have been better posted in p.u.patches, but since it's
much easier to explain with images, I'll just post this question here.

  I have problems understanding the & operator in isosurface functions.
I had the impression that it's equivalent to the CSG intersection, ie.
"f1(x,y,z) & f2(x,y,x)" is 'solid' or true at a specific <x,y,z> if and
only if both f1(x,y,z) and f2(x,y,z) are 'solid'/true at that point. This
is equivalent to the intersection CSG.

  So if I have this function:

function { y-x }

  I get this:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'func1.jpg' (8 KB) Download 'func2.jpg' (9 KB) Download 'func3.jpg' (7 KB)

Preview of image 'func1.jpg'
func1.jpg

Preview of image 'func2.jpg'
func2.jpg