POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another flocking system : Re: Another flocking system Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another flocking system
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 31 Jul 2000 08:52:40
Message: <3985756D.AA11CAB7@my-dejanews.com>
Rune wrote:

> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> > Observant viewers will note that my tiny ships pass over a
> > golf hole-- a remnant from when I used this isosurface-
> > containing INC for a defunct golf idea......
>
> Defunct? Sad to hear. I also found my push-ball and my missile-bot ideas
> defunct :-(

A golf ball might either bounce or roll on a surface.

I had a very cool bouncing algorithm that insisted on making the particle fall
through the surface when it came to "rolling."

I had a very cool rolling algorithm for which I never could figure out how to
make the balls "rotate" properly.

And then the programming headache of making a ball smart enough to know to
switch between bouncing and rolling drove me nuts..........