POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Background colours and antialiasing : Re: Background colours and antialiasing Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Background colours and antialiasing
From: Pabs
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:48:52
Message: <39852F73.F504F18C@hotmail.com>
Edmund Horner wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Lately I've been planning to raytrace a whole lot of graphics for a game I'm
> making...  Antialiased pictures would be nicer, of course, but that leaves
> the issue of which background colour to use for the rendering.
>
> I think it would be nice to have an AA mode that does _NOT_ affect pixels
> that touch the background, thus making AA pictures work fine with all colour
> backgrounds.
>
> I hope the above makes some sense!
>
> I'm not sure whether this would mean a new AA mode (e.g. +AM3), or what, but
> it would be very nice!

Put one of the following in your commandline/ini file
Output_Alpha=bool ;Sets alpha output on/off
+UA ;Sets alpha output on
-UA ;Sets alpha output off
Note that to output the alpha channel you must be using either .tga or .png
output
Read the docs for "File Output Options" and "Image maps" - down the bottom under
"Using the Alpha Channel"

You may or may not be able to use these formats & might want to export the alpha
channel as a greyscale image & remove it.

Hope this was of some help.

--
Bye
Pabs