POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Animation system?? : Re: Animation system?? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation system??
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 31 Jul 2000 03:37:34
Message: <39852CDD.8BD929BC@aetec.ee>
Fabien Mosen wrote:

> Until recently (well, some months ago...), BMRT didn't have support
> for displacement mapping, so don't worry.
I would say, that this is more some years ago, as L. Gritz mentions it
in his paper from year '96. Are you sure that you don't confuse it with
DSO support, which was added recently?

> I think that what you're
> currently doing is a very interesting experiment, and that the goal
> isn't to become totally RM compatible.  Being able to use custom
> texture algorithms will be a significant leap, and will quickly bring
> very useful things, as textures' self-antialiasing, for example...

Aliasing has to wait a little bit, for as I said, first release will not
support differential part: my math is rusty and I thoght that I will
release first version without it, so other can play with it while I add
support for differentials (or figure this math out). So long one can use
brute-force method: POV-Ray antialiasing.