POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoke... - Smoke.jpg (1/1) : Re: Smoke... - Smoke.jpg (1/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:32:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoke... - Smoke.jpg (1/1)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Jul 2000 04:26:54
Message: <3983e6ce@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message

| Uhh, I think you should look to the particle_system patch for that. This
| was supposed to be an extremely simplified particle system which doesn't
| require any unofficial features, just to demonstrate a way to get smoke
| to rise realistically.

I see, I was getting it my head that the temperature thing was like slow and
fast moving molecules in water or air type of simulation you always see
shown to demonstrate temperature (kinetic energy too?).
Sorry, of course you were talking about hot air balloon type temperature
effects.  I was just jumping beyond that fact mistakenly.
All I was getting at really would probably be described as being the same
forces of proximity used in the flocking simulations.

Bob