POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flight over mountains&lakes splined [~877KB Mpg] : Re: Flight over mountains&lakes splined [~877KB Mpg] Server Time
20 Jul 2024 21:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flight over mountains&lakes splined [~877KB Mpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 30 Jul 2000 03:53:09
Message: <3983dee5@news.povray.org>
"Alex McMurray" <ale### [at] melbpcorgau> wrote in message

| I'm looking forward to the larger version, but it looks great, only one
small
| thing, at the start as the camera flies over the first set of peaks, it
seems
| to jump sideways a little in order to avoid colliding with the mountain,
either
| that or the commencement of the turn is not as smooth as was intended.

It wasn't intended... or at least not that tight a turn.  I left it in
because it did look like a sudden avoidance.  I think it's too fast though.
The spline for camera position starts at 0.1*x and only goes to 0.125*x at
0.1*clock then moves (well, cubic splines) to 0.5*x at 0.225*clock.  It's
just a kink in the spline path at that point apparently.  The last few
points are similar to the first few but looks very different.  Goes back
from -0.5*x at 0.775*clock to -0.2*x at 0.9*clock (both are a 0.125*clock
separation in time) and finally ending at -0.05*x so it's the 0.075*x amount
difference near the start and end parts of the spline along with a
straighter beginning than end making it look so much unalike.
Really a very simple spline path.

Bob