POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : r2d2 update : r2d2 update Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:29:40 EDT (-0400)
  r2d2 update
From: ryan constantine
Date: 29 Jul 2000 23:04:35
Message: <39839AAD.13174C23@yahoo.com>
the front of the body is finished.  i need to do the sides, back,
bottom, and legs.  the head is mostly done.  the problem i was having
before was with multiple layers of pigment maps and their finishes.
finishes seem to add or multiply together and so the bottom layer was
outrageously bright.  what i ended up doing was making the head (a
sphere) hollow and putting a light and a camera inside.  then, using
megapov's spherical_camera and a 2:1 ratio, i made an image map of the
sphere.  after flipping along the axes, i used this image as a material
map, wrapping the original sphere (after taking the original
pigment-map-multi-layered-texture off).  next step is to use the same
image as a bump map since the blue areas are supposed to be slightly
recessed along the edges.  could someone refresh my memory; is black or
white the recessed color in a bump map?  that would mean the opposite
color sticks out right?  i'm still not satisfied with the blue or the
aluminum.  in the final version, i will be adding blurred reflection (a
la megapov) to both, and my tests show it helps a lot.  wish me luck.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'r2d2.jpg' (137 KB)

Preview of image 'r2d2.jpg'