POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Macdonalds Anyone? : Re: Macdonalds Anyone? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:29:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macdonalds Anyone?
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 29 Jul 2000 17:38:18
Message: <39834FB0.EE8DF9BC@home.com>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Hey, that's pretty neat.  No ketchup?

Hold on, be patient, you can't very well eat fries without ketchup now can you,
especially Macdonalds fries, where most of the flavor is in the ketchup, hehe.

>  I'm starting to wonder how you got
> such a good image map for the cup, the french fries image map I can imagine
> scans in easily.  Or are they image maps at all, procedural textures?  No,
> couldn't be  :-)

Yup they are image maps, the cup wasn't hard at all. All I did was tear the cup
apart down its seam, lines. The resulting shape is not rectangular however so I
used a "distort filter" in Photoshop to bend it into the right shape.

--
Come visit my web site:-) : http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/