POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : isosurfaces interact badly w. other objects? : isosurfaces interact badly w. other objects? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  isosurfaces interact badly w. other objects?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 Jul 2000 15:09:29
Message: <39832be9@news.povray.org>
Thought I'd bring this up again.  Using MegaPov 5.0a here and I see
something of the same effect I had before when a plane intersects with a
isosurface.  Which isosurfaces and what other objects might also be involved
I couldn't say.  Anyway, point is that at the borders, or lines as it were,
where a plane contacts a isosurface there is always a jagged line regardless
of using antialiasing or not.
Seems a fairly serious problem far as correctness of rendering goes.  I
don't know enough about it to say it's affecting every type of isosurface
and object interactions but it looks to be a certainty in a few cases I've
had.
Simplest way to check is just make a isosurface and put a plane through part
of it with distinct color differences and appropriate viewing angle then use
default AA or no AA and compare.  Disclaimer: like I say, I can't be certain
every situation will yield the same affect.
Just wanted to put this out there for any thoughts on it.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm