POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Mountains&Lakes w. flying vehicle, partial : Mountains&Lakes w. flying vehicle, partial Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Mountains&Lakes w. flying vehicle, partial
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 Jul 2000 10:53:47
Message: <3982effb@news.povray.org>
A 3.2MB, 370 frame, 320x192 res. animation of this is now at:
http://members.xoom.com/omniverse/flite320.mpg

After almost 18 hours of rendering (several more preparing) then encoding
the mpeg I found two major mistakes.  First, the 'accuracy' of the
isosurface which was lowered to speed things up caused missing segments in
the mountain peaks.  Looks like a video tape that lost a few scan lines now.
Second, I put a overall scaling and translation in the water texture and I
should have only put those into the water disturbance part of the texture.
Let me explain what I meant there, the flying vehicle is to cause an effect
on the water surface much like a helicopter does.
See for yourselves, it's at least a larger version of the previous one (plus
vehicle) so it's not as difficult to watch.  I wanted to go with a 480x288
res. except the render time is prohibitive, to me anyway.  And I still need
to add on the beginning take-off portion.  Plans are to further add to the
end a close-up of the flying car and maybe make it submersible, despite the
unreality of that idea  :-)

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm