POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Grand Canyon Flythrough : Re: Grand Canyon Flythrough Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grand Canyon Flythrough
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 29 Jul 2000 10:37:06
Message: <3982ec12@news.povray.org>
That's a wild ride.  That the real reason helicopter tours were stopped?
Just kidding.
The mpeg sure throws a few bits and pieces of the canyon around.
For the flight path in my Mountains&Lakes animation I just used the Spline
(clock) in MegaPov along with the older ClockMod.inc by Chris C., that way I
get time-based changes to the splines.
Speaking of slowing it down some, there's a major complication in such
animations as people most likely know.  Super high speed seems difficult to
see as being realistic, so to get more realism you need more frames which in
turn means more render time and larger files.  Vicious circle.

Bob