POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Grand Canyon Flythrough : Grand Canyon Flythrough Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Grand Canyon Flythrough
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 29 Jul 2000 02:21:20
Message: <398277e0@news.povray.org>
A test rendering of my flythrough system (details in p.a-u).  I've rendered
an animation of an airplane flight through the Grand Canyon.  Since this is
just a test rendering, I used a set of low-resolution heightfields, so there
are some noticable gaps in the terrain.  The jerkiness in the movement is
due to the problem I discussed in p.a-u.  And yes, I know that at one point
the airplane goes through the canyon floor.

Viewing recommendation: If your video player supports it, play the animation
at 18 frames per second, instead of the default 24 fps.  Also, keep a barf
bag nearby. :-)

www.geocities.com/rengaw03/download/canyon.mpg

Mark