POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First try: eroded box [png ~38k] : Re: First try: eroded box [png ~38k] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:31:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First try: eroded box [png ~38k]
From: Peter Toneby
Date: 28 Jul 2000 21:05:47
Message: <39822DEA.DDED1040@acc.umu.se>
ingo wrote:

> Christoph Hormann wrote:
>
> >Sounds like you do not need a 3d-array for that, shouldn't it also work
> >on a normal heightfield in a similar way,
>
> Yes/No, you can't make overhangs with a HF.
> But more important, this is my first real attempt at programming something
> (besides the occasional modifying a pre-recorded-office-vba-macro). The
> DF3 format is simple but for HF's TGA's or PNG's have to be manipulated,
> not up to that yet.

Since you did this in Python you can get Python Imaging Library from
here:
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/index.htm

It reads and writes PNG, JPG, BMP, it also read TGA, I think it's quite
nice module, very simple to use... I'm not sure if the latest version is
available for windows, but there is one version for windows.

/Peter