POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ingo's erosion for heightfields (3x12k) : Re: ingo's erosion for heightfields (3x12k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ingo's erosion for heightfields (3x12k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Jul 2000 18:28:31
Message: <3982091D.28D64DE6@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
ingo wrote:

> Wheee, cool.
> One remark, compare image one and three. Look for the highest mountain
> peak on the right. Despite the erosion, they seem to have the same
> absolute height.

Sure it has, because i rescale to fit range after the calculation :-) (makes it
easier to program because you don't have to think about range checks).

I will probably also try it without rescaling soon...

BTW, i also tried it with higher resolution HFs and it often gets very grainy.
Changing the water/erosion amount helps a bit, but it's still a problem.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>