POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another flocking system : Re: Another flocking system Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another flocking system
From: Rune
Date: 28 Jul 2000 17:52:28
Message: <3982009c@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> I updated my animation to make the ships a little bit wilder.
> Each has a unique attraction point which varies in z as it
> moves in x.

Definitely better. A little "wilder", but they still always remain in the
same position in the formation (unlike in the method I use). The one method
probably is better for some purposes, while the other is better for other
purposes. It might also partially be a matter of taste.

> Observant viewers will note that my tiny ships pass over a
> golf hole-- a remnant from when I used this isosurface-
> containing INC for a defunct golf idea......

Defunct? Sad to hear. I also found my push-ball and my missile-bot ideas
defunct :-(

Greetings,

Rune
--
Updated July 23: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,