POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : interior_texture doesn't work with CSG? : Re: Do shadow rays take into account interior_texture? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do shadow rays take into account interior_texture?
From: Warp
Date: 28 Jul 2000 12:48:10
Message: <3981b94a@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
: 	Strange result, indeed...
: 	But I also wonder how it's possible even to see the top sphere and
: the red light that lit it ? I would expect that the opaque texture blocks
: camera rays even if the interior_texture has transparent parts...

  No, I think that in this case it's correct that you can see through the
plane from inside but not outside (at least this works right). This can
be used for neat effects (like mirrors than can be look through from the
other side, 1-sided polygons and so on).
  The shadowing should work accordingly.

  My original goal was to fix the self-shadowing problem of bump-mapped
surfaces with this trick. I'll post a report when the patch gets fixed.

: 	[you should add a "hollow" flag to you plane ;-) ]

  I intentionally left it out. I _wanted_ the camera to be inside the plane,
and the povray warning just confirms that it indeed is there.