POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First try: eroded box [png ~38k] : Re: First try: eroded box [png ~38k] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First try: eroded box [png ~38k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 28 Jul 2000 16:17:34
Message: <3981EA6B.2AD22442@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
ingo wrote:

> Yes/No, you can't make overhangs with a HF.
> But more important, this is my first real attempt at programming something
> (besides the occasional modifying a pre-recorded-office-vba-macro). The
> DF3 format is simple but for HF's TGA's or PNG's have to be manipulated,
> not up to that yet.

If i understood your description right, your code does not generate any
overhangs.

BTW, TGA format also seems quite simple to me.

> >it would be similar to your
> >method, but like with only two possible values (0, 1) for each voxel.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the "only two possible values ..." part.
>
> Ingo

Ok, that was just my own way of thinking.  I meant you can not decrease the
value of a voxel by 2 in a heightfield (because there are no voxels :-).  Forget
about it, i will try to work out some similar code for heightfields soon.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>