POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Animation system?? : Re: Animation system?? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation system??
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 28 Jul 2000 15:58:37
Message: <3981E3DD.BD4816F1@skynet.be>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:
> Displacement shaders would be nice, but seems like only viable solution
> is tesselation of surfaces into micropolygons in order to displace them.
> And implementation of this for each object type will require much of
> changes. Easiest would be to add displacement shader support to already
> tesselated objects (and triangle meshes).

Until recently (well, some months ago...), BMRT didn't have support
for displacement mapping, so don't worry.  I think that what you're
currently doing is a very interesting experiment, and that the goal
isn't to become totally RM compatible.  Being able to use custom
texture algorithms will be a significant leap, and will quickly bring
very useful things, as textures' self-antialiasing, for example...

Fabien.