POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Another flocking system : Re: Another flocking system Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another flocking system
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 28 Jul 2000 08:40:42
Message: <39817E1A.650778F3@my-dejanews.com>
I updated my animation to make the ships a little bit wilder. Each has a unique
attraction point which varies in z as it moves in x.   It also looks better with
them going faster.  Observant viewers will note that my tiny ships pass over a golf
hole-- a remnant from when I used this isosurface-containing INC for a defunct golf
idea......

 http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/gregjohn/animation.html#POV15

"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Rune wrote:
>
> > The quality of this animation (resolution, framerate) is very poor compared
> > to the one by Greg. However, there's nothing wrong with the flocking system
> > itself. I managed to make the flock "springy" and also to give it a natural
> > look by making the boids fly in and out amongst each other. Hmm, but where
> > do I go from here...?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'flyby16f.jpg' (17 KB)