POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg] : Re: Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jul 2000 14:09:29
Message: <39807ad9@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message

| Looks like a recently terraformed low-gravity planet...I don't think
| mountains like that would survive long in an atmosphere.

I've seen similarly thin ridges of mountains or hills like this before in
photos or television, but maybe not quite as thin as these turned out.  I
went with a bit of a spikey look to it all.

| Great job...have you tried making bare rock on near-vertical surfaces?
| It looks like a lot of the snow is clinging to very steep slopes.

The first animations I made were like that, this render was afterward when I
changed to a more heavily snowed winter time shifting to melting,
evaporating rather, summer time appearance.  Being all texture and no
substance it is of course physically incorrect anyhow.  I might do a change
of the isosurface to go along with.

Bob