POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg] : Re: Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg] Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jul 2000 13:49:41
Message: <39807635@news.povray.org>
"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39803165.D051FC90@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

| How about employing the RMF function for the ice too, so that the ice is
melting
| in the middle first and later on the coast.

Nice idea, if I could do it.  I'll never know unless I try I suppose, but in
this particular rendering the water is all a single plane.  Guess I might
negate the same mountain isosurface somehow to get the individual lakes
where they already stand.  Could be a challenge for me.
The RMF isn't also usable as a pigment, is it?

Bob