POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Living Blob : Re: Living Blob Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Living Blob
From: Mike Wilson
Date: 27 Jul 2000 09:04:45
Message: <39803342.B3535F59@iastate.edu>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Did you decrease the elasticity in the system for each successive frame?
> That might make this effect...at first, particles would bounce away from
> the wall. Then, as the amount of energy they loose increases, they would
> bounce closer to the wall, and eventually would lose enough energy to
> slow their fall. If there is wind or gravity pushing them against the
> wall, they would slowly "drip" down it.

You called it right.  Elasticity is set to "clock-1" and there is a a gravity
vector pulling the particles toward the wall and down to the floor.

The effect you describe is what I was looking for, but I couldn't get the drip
part right.  The particles just seemed to "boil away" rather than slide toward
the floor.  I hadn't tried the ipf{...} stuff yet because it added too much
time to the parse for something I was just fooling around with.

Mike.