POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg] : Re: Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 18:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flight over mountains and lakes [~53KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jul 2000 07:55:46
Message: <39802342@news.povray.org>
"Steve" <ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain...
| On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:47:30 -0500, Bob Hughes wrote:
| >Since the animation was so garbled I figure a nice still image should be
| >uploaded.
|
| Looks a bit like the Pyrenees but these mountains are a bit smaller.
| The grassy area looks too smooth, even at this distance you'd see much
| more turbulence and unevenness there.
|
| If the camera was much higher up then the grass may look OK.

Yep, if you have seen the description of the animation I explain that the
textures had caused a jittering effect, much like 'crand' had been added to
the finish, but no AA or crand was used.  To remedy I have switched to a
very flat texture for dirt, rock, grass and trees.  I thought about adding
actual tree objects someday but the grass would most likely remain texture
alone.

| Nice work, thanks for sharing.

Thanks back.  I was thinking these looked like some kind of mountains I had
seen in pictures/television before.

Bob