POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : cloth simulation : Re: cloth simulation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cloth simulation
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 25 Jul 2000 12:08:02
Message: <397dbb62@news.povray.org>
Jetlag <bga### [at] microsoftcom> wrote:

> I remember seeing 2 or 3 cloth simulations around. Is anyone else still
> writing cloth code? Maybe we could share notes, my current algorithm is far
> from being stable.

I've recently been working on cloth models, though I don't have much to
show.  I'm mainly interested in static pictures, and have found a couple
ways to avoid some of the problems that probably aren't generalizable.  My
code is currently in Python, but even that is too slow, so I'll be
converting to c++ in the near future.

One thing I do have is collision detection with cylinders (I was trying to
model clothing), but that's still *very* primitive.

Geoff