POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Re: Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented POV scene language?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Jul 2000 04:16:55
Message: <397aa9f7@news.povray.org>
In article <B59F94A4.17F9%dav### [at] maccom> , David <dav### [at] maccom>
wrote:

>     Now, when a heard that POV 4.0 would be object oriented, my reaction was
> "What, the current POV isn't OOP?!?". My aw of the POV Team grew as a
> learned that they create such a raystacer WITHOUT oop! But for OOP to really
> work, it must be *fully* oop.

While today this may sound unbelievable, ten years ago when POV-Ray was
created it was absolutely state of the art to write programs in good-old C.
Even today there is nothing 'wrong' with a C program, despite the biz around
object orientation.

     Thorsten