POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy coast 2 (101 k) : Re: Icy coast 3 (radiosity) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy coast 3 (radiosity)
From: Hans-Detlev Fink
Date: 26 Jul 2000 14:06:18
Message: <397F283D.17081943@pecos.no-spa-m.de>
Hi Christoph, great scene!

Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:
> >
> > Wow, I really like this one! Any change to see some code? I never tried most
> > of the features you used here and I would be glad to see them in action.
> > I really, really like it ....
> >
> > Marc-Hendrik
> >

> Thanks,
>
> most of the features are quite conventional, no media, no isosurfaces.  I'm not
> going to publish the whole scene, but if you are interested in a specific
> element, that should not be the problem.

Ha, if this is so then let me ask for the most secret part
of the scene ;-)
Any chance to get the parameters of the RMFs? (I guess it's
a superposition of more than one RMF, right?)

Two other things that come to mind: Scaling down the ice floes
by say 0.5 or 0.3 would make the mountains look more majestic.
And then: Wouldn't the moving water leave dark areas on the snow
near the water line?

Well, I'm nitpicking, I know ...

-Hans-