POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy coast 2 (101 k) : Re: Icy coast 3 (radiosity) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy coast 3 (radiosity)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Jul 2000 07:04:38
Message: <397EC5D5.230A2180@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I'd be very interested to see the texture for the distant mountains. I
> haven't
> had much success with slope dependent textures.

Oh, that's really simple:

#declare T_ARCTIC_01 =
texture{
    slope -z
    texture_map{
      [0.1 T_SnowA ] //flatter
      [0.1 T_Rock ]  //steeper
    }
}

in left handed system, you would use slope y.

I use different settings for  T_SnowA and T_Rock for w/o radiosity and changing
the values quite often, good values are also dependant on the lighting
situation.

one example (i think i used this for the radiosity version):

#declare T_SnowA =
texture {
   pigment { rgb 1 }
   finish {