POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 0.5a renders only black if I stop part way through a render. Must restart. Hmmm : Re: MegaPOV 0.5a renders only black if I stop part way through a render. Must restart. Hmmm Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 0.5a renders only black if I stop part way through a render. Must restart. Hmmm
From: pk
Date: 25 Jul 2000 10:24:02
Message: <397DA355.45B2B001@videotron.ca>
Spaztic wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> Any reason why megaPOV 0.5a will render only a black scene with some
> of my POV files? Most render and re-render fine if I stop them part
> way through a render. Some just show that they rendered completely but
> are all black. I only found this with scenes containg radiosity and
> photon mapping. When this happens, I have to end MegaPOV and
> completely restart the program EVERY time. Also, I don't think the
> comments would have anything to do with it. And the INC file has been
> included in the scene file so there are no outside references to
> mterials or objects. This only started happening when I started
> getting more accurate with the radiosity and photon settings.
>
> SPECS:  256mb SDRAM
>         Win98SE/Win2000
>         V3 3000 AGP
POVRay doesn't care about your V3: 3dfx doesn't give any raytracing
abilities to their 3D cards 8)
What's your Processor? What OS are you using when it happens, etc?
I'm sure it'll help more than knowing you have a V3(i'm getting a Ge
Force 256 8p~~)
[snip]
--
AKA paul_virak_khuong at yahoo.com, pkhuong at deja.com, pkhuong at