POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers : Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:13:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 25 Jul 2000 08:01:23
Message: <397D8065.F7C8ACD1@my-dejanews.com>
Dick Balaska wrote:

> "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> > Given John's restatement of the MPEG requirements, I suppose there is a little
> > more weight to the idea that the video player incapable of unusual frame sizes
> > is the bleeding edge.
>
> I noticed that since you've discovered "other" mpeg players, your latest vid
> is ~354x242 :)

?  I've been using the same $89 program for COMPILING of  MPEG's for almost a year
now, MainActor. I'll look and see if I've changed the format, but I doubt it.  I am
stuck with basic freeware in the "place" at which I do some of my VIEWING of MPEG's,
and suspected that I wasn't alone.  Anyway, I'm able to see my "354 x 242" at the
place with the default Windows software.

The discussion that followed went over my head. Was I half right, in that MPEG-2's are
being used but with "MPEG-1-compatible" switches, or what?