POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy coast 2 (101 k) : Re: Icy coast 2 (101 k) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy coast 2 (101 k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Jul 2000 17:27:10
Message: <397CB4B8.BB40BE41@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Chris Huff wrote:

> It looks great now! Like a photo...and I only see one "spike" of ice,
> and that one looks like it is connected to a floe, which would explain
> why it doesn't tip over.

Did I miss one :-) In fact they disappeared accidently, I don't really know what
change was responsible.

[...]
> > I also tried radiosity, but it did not change anything :-( is there
> > any tutorial on outside radiosity?
>
> Did you remember to turn it on? Simply specifying the radiosity options
> in global_settings isn't enough.

You are right, forgot +QR, even though, program output is a bit irritationg: the
megapov/official incompatibility warning for radiosity also appears, when it's
switched off...

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>