POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: 3DWin 4.1, a 3D file format converter : Re: Announce: 3DWin 4.1, a 3D file format converter Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: 3DWin 4.1, a 3D file format converter
From: Simon Lacey
Date: 22 Jul 2000 18:18:20
Message: <397A1E2D.6397106B@yahoo.com>
Dennis,

I have found exactly the same thing... rendering a "white android".. see a post of
mine in the POVray.general group.  I suspect that we are both using the demo register
key version and that the material/UV mapping feature is turned off even though the
options are apparently there in the interface. The release notes does state that
material import is only available in the registered version. I looked inside the
various include files generated and the UV data seems to be missing too.

My problem is that I really need to see the material import working to decide if I
want to register this program. The free earlier versions already import UDOs as one
mesh with no texture. I'm poor and I don't have the $40 or so to register just to see
if it works.