POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : cloth simulation : cloth simulation Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  cloth simulation
From: Jetlag
Date: 22 Jul 2000 02:37:18
Message: <3979411e$1@news.povray.org>
I posted a cloth animation in p.b.a...

64^2 triangle mesh.
100 frames.
160 iterations per frame.
833s to generate.
277s to parse.
350s to render.

At first I wrote the code in pov, but it would have taken days to parse
anything useful.

So, I wrote a little program to generate cloth.

Then I added gravity.

Then I added sphere collision detection.

Things I haven't added yet, but would like to:

friction
mass
acceleration
velocity
cloth strength (ripping/tearing)
wind
triangle collision
smooth triangles
mesh2

I remember seeing 2 or 3 cloth simulations around. Is anyone else still
writing cloth code? Maybe we could share notes, my current algorithm is far
from being stable.