POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : assumed and display gamma and other settings : Re: assumed and display gamma and other settings Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: assumed and display gamma and other settings
From: ryan constantine
Date: 21 Jul 2000 21:49:17
Message: <3978FD51.736CEE5B@yahoo.com>
it is an ini file setting, and is based on the results you get from
running the po gamma test (a text file with instructions on how to use a
gif image test).  the assumed gamma is what the image thinks the gamma
is.  the way i understand it, pov checks both and then does calculations
so the image comes out right.