POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Request or is it already in there somewhere? : Re: Request or is it already in there somewhere? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request or is it already in there somewhere?
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 21 Jul 2000 08:19:23
Message: <39783fcb@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> Hi ryan constantine, you recently wrote in moray.win:

>> and a udo only has to be an approximation of the actual inc object,
>> right?  so if one made an isosurface planet, a udo of a sphere would
>> suffice.
> Yes. You can define anything in a UDO. It doesn't need to have
> anything to do with the actual thing that POV-Ray will render.

Hmm, speaking of which, I've noticed a bug.  When I create a UDO that I
built by hand (I don't know if this is a problem with machine generated
UDOs), the *first* one (which I create using the toolbar) is fine.  When I
copy it, the vectors between points get munged, connecting the wrong points.
It renders fine, of course, so this hasn't been a big problem (actually been
helpful, since the munged udo are easier to work around without changing the
screen detail level).  Is there someone who can look at my .udo file and
tell me what's wrong with it, or if the problem is in Moray?

Geoff

-- File Below ---

Name 'Rail'

;Specify the file that should be included to access this object
IncludeFile 'Rail.INC'

[Rail:Vertices]
8
 0.2,  0.2,  0.0