POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris Sewer (sorta) : Re: Paris Sewer (sorta) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris Sewer (sorta)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Jul 2000 03:21:07
Message: <3977F9E7.250AB05D@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Yann Ramin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just dug up some old source files I did for a project (Les Mis :)).
> This is supposed to be the Paris sewer.  This particular rendering is
> not the best, but it works.  The sewer extends beyond this viewpoint
> into 15 other points, but at about 24 hours render time each it would
> take too long.
>
> The blocks were hand positioned once, and then run through by a
> #declare, appropiatley translated.

I think the lighting looks pretty realistic, just the water looks very plain and
regular.  There would be probably some waste and dirt swimming on it...

As already mentioned, the blocks could be more irregular, also in placement.

I much like the arrangement of this scene.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>