POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Paris Sewer (sorta) : Re: Paris Sewer (sorta) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris Sewer (sorta)
From: Pabs
Date: 21 Jul 2000 00:14:56
Message: <3977CD90.A00B7791@hotmail.com>
Yann Ramin wrote:

> Pabs wrote:
> > It is prob. just me but I think the crand on the foreground textures
is a bit
> > too much.
> Looks like it.  The scary part its an internal POV texture (Granite
> something or another).

I took a closer look at the sides of the ?cobbles? and noticed this - no
crand look

>  Anyway want the (big) source?

No but You might try positioning all those stones with a macro of some
sort. - you could use the vegetate include (can't help you with a link
sorry ;+< ) to position & rotate them on an invisible half cylinder.
I noticed some are displaced a little - shoddy workmanship (on the part
of the
stonemason/bricklayer:) or ninja turtles trying to steal them for
_uncomfortable_ pillows :-?

Also you might try isosurface stones instead of superelipsoids like
Chris suggested
-Faster & much more flexible - you could use subtraction to make some
cracks &
noise3d to vary their shape a little.
Manual octree box bounding could also help with speed.

--
Bye
Pabs

http://zip.to/pabs3 -> http://www.crosswinds.net/~pabs3