POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers : Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers Server Time
27 Jul 2024 08:23:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers
From: John VanSickle
Date: 20 Jul 2000 21:48:11
Message: <3977AC01.E358D95E@erols.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> The IRTC rules state:
> "The only limit on the animation is the file size, which must be five
> megabytes (5,242,880 bytes)or less. We do suggest prudence when
> selecting frame size, and recommend 320x240. "
>
> I would recommend that in the future we make the 320 x 240 a
> requirement.  The reason being that the default Microsoft media player
> is incapable of seeing three entries in this round that violate this
> suggestion.

I had this problem a few rounds back.  I solved it by downloading the
latest version of MS media player.  Right now I'm running version
6.01.05.0217, and it plays wellcome.mpg just fine.

Anyway, sizes other than 320x240 are perfectly within the MPEG-1
standard; if your player cannot display them, the player is not
100% MPEG-1 compliant and should be replaced.

Regards,
John
--
ICQ: 46085459