POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers Server Time
11 Jun 2024 13:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Frame size creates difficulty for viewers
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 20 Jul 2000 15:03:04
Message: <39774BBC.5678B6A7@my-dejanews.com>
The IRTC rules state:
"The only limit on the animation is the file size, which must be five
megabytes (5,242,880 bytes)or less. We do suggest prudence when
selecting frame size, and recommend 320x240. "

I would recommend that in the future we make the 320 x 240 a
requirement.  The reason being that the default Microsoft media player
is incapable of seeing three entries in this round that violate this
suggestion.

I did download HyperMeg Player v0.1. It is a freeware package that
played these videos nicely. I got it from ZDNet at:

http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,,0008T0,.html

I would recommend that either the IRTC either:
    a) make the 320 x 240 a requirement, or
    b) widely publicize the name of one or two freeware players that
have been
        demonstrated to work with these other video formats.