POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user survey - please answer : Re: user survey - please answer Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user survey - please answer
From: Yann Ramin
Date: 20 Jul 2000 13:51:57
Message: <39773C3B.7A84DB33@atrustrivalie.eu.org>

> 1) Under what operating systems do you use POV-Ray? Please be specific
> as to e.g. Linux distributions, versions, and so forth.  Multiple
> answers are fine.

FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE, NetBSD 1.4.2

> 2) Do you want POV-Ray for Unix to have an official GUI front-end for
> your platform? Please indicate which one(s) if you list several
> platforms.

If you so want, as long as the CLI version is still in place.  FreeBSD
would be useful, as an X display

> 3) Would you want such a front-end to have a built-in editor?

If it makes my life easier, and is useful, sure

> 4) Any preference on languages/GUI libraries on such a front end, pro or
> con? (Tcl/Tk, Perl/Tk, Python Tkinter, Java AWT, gtk+, Gnome, KDE,
> Motif/Lesstif)

KDE preferred, but will accept anything compatible

> 5) What editor do you use for editing .pov files?

kwrite, ee, and emacs

> 6) What format(s) do you prefer for documentation? (HTML, ASCII, PDF,
> ps, man, info, Word document, etc.)

HTML, ASCII

> 7) What sort of package management do you prefer for precompiled
> binaries?

I don't like precompiled binaries.

> 8) What unofficial version(s) of POV-Ray (e.g. MegaPov, PVMPOV) do you
> use on a regular basis?

MPIPovray.  PVMPOV is very dated (3.1e!)

Yann Ramin			atr### [at] atrustrivalieeuorg
Atrus Trivalie Productions	www.redshift.com/~yramin
Monterey High IT		www.montereyhigh.com
ICQ 				46805627
AIM				oddatrus
Marina, CA

IRM Developer                   Network Toaster Developer
SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer

(yes, this .signature is way too big)

"All cats die.  Socrates is dead.  Therefore Socrates is a cat."
	- The Logician

		THE STORY OF CREATION

In the beginning there was data.  The data was without form and null,
and darkness was upon the face of the console; and the Spirit of IBM
was moving over the face of the market.  And DEC said, "Let there be
registers"; and there were registers.  And DEC saw that they carried;
and DEC seperated the data from the instructions.  DEC called the data
Stack, and the instructions they called Code.  And there was evening
and there was a maorning, one interrupt...
		-- Rico Tudor

William Safire's Rules for Writers:

Remembe