POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How I made the Maze Ball Image. : Re: How I made the Maze Ball Image. Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How I made the Maze Ball Image.
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 Jul 2000 13:17:02
Message: <3977333B.17D083D7@inapg.inra.fr>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately Isosurfaces are beyond me:-( I really
> need to learn more Math, though I am in grade 12.

Don't let the x, y and z in isosurfaces scare you ! It's quite possible to do nice
stuff with them without really knowing the math behind. (BTW, learning to use
isosurfaces can be a nice way to learn math...).
There's a lot of material ready to use, just look in p.text.scene-files and in the
links below :

Mike Williams' http://www.econym.demon.co.uk
Fabien Mosen's http://users.skynet.be/bs936509/iso/iso-tut.htm (in French, but lots
of examples)

(note : is there a current URL for SamuelT isosurface tutorial page ?)

G.