POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Toon rendering : Re: Toon rendering Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toon rendering
From: Chris S
Date: 19 Jul 2000 12:15:25
Message: <3975d41d$1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message
news:397### [at] my-dejanewscom...
> I thought that Mega 0.5 had a toon renderer.  I just looked carefully at
> the docs and don't see that word in there.  Exactly what patch(es) of
> pov can do toon shading? (Actually, could someone list ALL of them for
> me?).

There's no actual feature called "toon rendering", however, using the
find_edge feature in Mega 0.5 and ambient texturing, HE Day devised a way to
create a cartoon-like effect.  Check a month or so back in
povray.text.tutorials for the tutorial on how to achieve this effect and in
povray.binaries.animations for a animation using this technique.  I've setup
a basic template for this effect so e-mail me if you can't find Day's post.

-Chris-