POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Object oriented POV scene language? : Object oriented POV scene language? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Object oriented POV scene language?
From: Vaclav Cermak
Date: 18 Jul 2000 11:42:16
Message: <39747AD8.E2567B43@itam.cas.cz>
Hello,

 just an idea: imagine, that POV language is object-oriented,
 so for example sphere can be defined something like:

 Sph1=sphere;
 Sph1 < rad(1) < cen(<0, 0, 0>;

 CSG:

 Union1=union < add(Sph1) < add(Sph2);

 Global settings:

 global_settings < radiosity(on) <  background (rgb .5);

 '<' means 'send messasge to object'.

 Inheritance can be great for making complex custom object,
 with they own functionality,
 for example beam object, which is able to place itself
 between some two points as abstract class and his descendants
 with particular shapes, then I can use all beams in place
 where I need beams a there is no necessity to make some
 #switches.

 Any ideas?

Regards

Disnel